How To Change WiFi Password? Is it a difficult job?
Do I need to contact my ISP (Internet Service Provider) for this?
You once shared your WiFi password with your friends or neighbor?
Our article on “How To Change WiFi Password?” got you covered. You are just a few clicks away from getting yourself a strong password that can not be tracked or guessed by anyone without the help of anyone.
Why You Should Change Your WiFi Password Frequently?
The main reason you should change your WiFi password frequently is that due to increasing technology, It is not a big deal to hack your wifi and steal all the personal data from devices that are connected to your Home or Office WiFi.
It is highly recommended by Cyber Crime Experts that you should change your WiFi password every month to ensure that all your data on devices is safe & protected.
Many of the users don’t ever change the password of their WiFi from the time they have set up the WiFi connection.
In this article, We will discuss a simple step by step guide on how you should change your WiFi password no matter which router you have.
All the routers have almost the same settings to follow to change your WiFi Password. We will discuss on every router. I would suggest you follow step by step because your router configuration menu might look very confusing to you.
Many of the times, It happens that the person who sets up the WiFi connection at your home or office is in a hurry and he always sets up a very easy password which can be easily guessed by your neighbors.
How To Change WiFi Password Using Mobile?
Changing your WiFi password with the help of your router configuration doesn’t require you to be on a specific device. You can change your WiFi password from your mobile device as well as your laptop, desktop, or anything just by following the steps. Everything will be just as mentioned in the steps provided below.
How To Change WiFi Password In TP-Link?
1. The most important thing to make sure is that you should be connected to the WiFi for which you want to change your password (Very obvious move).
It is not important that you should have a working internet connection for this. The only thing required is that you should be connected, That’s it.
2. Open your favorite browser and simply type the numbers in the search bar as shown in the image, or you can click the link provided:
This url will be same for all the router configuration page, No Matter which router you use.
3. Now, To access the configuration window of your router, You need to proceed with the login and password which is going to be again the same for all the routers. Don’t be afraid by just seeing the username and password window, Tech Dev I/O got you covered.
Username and password for your router are mentioned below:
4. Once you are logged in, You will be able to see all the configurations of your router which you should not at all touch without having proper knowledge about it. It can really affect the usage and speed of your WiFi. But, don’t be afraid, Just follow the steps mentioned.
You will be able to see your Wireless Network Name, Skip that and Click on the “Wireless” tab on the left-hand side as mentioned below in the screenshot.
5. Go to the “Wireless Security” sub-option under “Wireless” tab and now on the right-hand side you will be able to configure your WiFi Security features.
Make sure your WiFi is not selected on the option which says “Disable Security” as it will make your WiFi Open and anyone would be able to connect to it.
|Go to Wireless Security|
6. You can now see the letters in front of “Wireless Password“, This is your current password. You can change it and keep a difficult password now which is not known by someone from whom you are trying to protect your data.
Once you select your password, Make sure you don’t forget to hit the Save button to make the changes.
Any device connected to your WiFi will be automatically disconnected.
How To Change WiFi Password In D-Link?
Changing WiFi in all the routers is almost the same. We will discuss step by step guide on how to change WiFi Password In D-Link. Just like step by step guide provided above on how to change WiFi password in TP-Link.
1. Open your favorite browser and simply type the numbers in the search bar as shown in the image, or you can click the link provided:
2. The default username & password is given below. In some cases, there might be a possibility that the password can be kept blank. (You just need to put the username i.e., admin and hit ‘ENTER’ or click ‘Login’ button).
3. Now, You will see all the configuration settings of your router.
Click on the “Setup” tab at the top and select “Wireless settings” from the left sidebar.
|Setup > Wireless Settings|
4. Click on the button which says:
|Click on “Manual Wireless Network Setup“|
5. Scroll down the page to “Pre-Shared Key” You can edit your WiFi password from there. Make sure you keep a strong password.
Do not forget to ‘Save Settings’ from the top of the page.
|Go to Pre-Shared Key|
How To Know Your WiFi Password?
Knowing your password is also as easy as changing it. Without accessing any router configuration you can easily know your WiFi password within seconds. Check Tech Dev I/O‘s article on :
Changing your password regularly of your Home & Office WiFi network can prevent you from any kind of stealing data online. This is considered to be a good habit to change your WiFi password every month.
To always remember that you want to change your WiFi Password. I would suggest you bookmark or share this page with your family members & friends to make sure you never forget to do so.
Also, develop a habit to change your WiFi password every month when you recharge your WiFi Plan.
We hope you find our article about “How to Change WiFi Password?” useful.
If you liked the article drop a comment about your views and share it with your friends. Have some suggestions ? Want to be a part? Want to send your own article ? Feel free to drop a comment or Contact us.